Saturday, February 6, 2010

February's Amish Diamond

Here is the link for the Amish Diamond
block for February. I wanted to post a couple of pictures of the cut fabric in case there are
any questions about the cutting.


I was able to fussy cut 8 of the 3.5 x 3.5 corner blocks so that the flower is centered. It worked perfectly from selvage to selvage.



Here is the fabric all cut. Notice the centered flowers.


Here is a finished block and.....


TWO BONUS blocks !!!!!
(tutorial here)


So if you don't mind sending back the little triangles that you cut off in the first step so I can make the bonus blocks for the back of the quilt.

OR, if you are feeling especially inspired and industrious, you can sew them together for me and send them back. :)

3 comments:

  1. wow!! nice fussy cutting there- now I.m nervous to cut into the fabric :) and I love the little bonus blocks- great use of the triangles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Hopefully I can get to your blocks early this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy - I am short by about 1/2 inch to cut two centre squares (6.5 x 6.5 squares)..

    What should I do? Do you want me to make one completed block and send all the other bits that I've cut back to you? Or do you want to send me a square? Or should I just make it slightly smaller and you could possibly use it on the back or something?

    ReplyDelete